So you have some big social events coming up that involves lots of food - What do you do?
Healthy eating can be easy!
These food choices are on the top of the list. So whether you are doing the cooking or just there to eat consider these choices first to make your eating experience a success
1. Turkey with homemade cornbread and Quinoa Stuffing
2. Green Beans with mushrooms and onions
3. Cooked sweet potatoes with butter or coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and touch of clove
4. Fresh green salad with cut apple pecan with cilantro, lemon, and olive oil dressing with a touch of honey.
5. Cauliflower mashed potatoes
6. Toasted parsnip with a sprinkle of cardamom
7. Cranberry sauce made with organic apple juice ( or Apples) stevia and a touch of cinnamon
8. Turkey Gravy made with organic chicken broth, turkey giblets, and non-Gmo corn starch
9. Keto Pumpkin Pie- substituting ingredients
a. milk with coconut cream
b. sugar with stevia, honey or erythritol and honey
i. If using honey cut back on milk by 2 tablespoons
Need a healthy pie crust recipe? I like to make my Pie Crust’s with these ingredients:
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup vanilla pea protein powder
4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Add 2 or 3 tablespoons water. Press into the pie plate. preheat oven to 350. Bake for 12 minutes